file names nonsense

From: Aaron
Subject: file names nonsense
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:13:37 +0200

Hi all,

I have a large amount of notation in lilypond format.
Many of the songs have no name and no text. I also have audio examples
and written introductions to each song.

I thought that giving each song the first few measures of ly text would
be a great way of absolutly tagging each song and the corresponding
audio and text.

The problem lilypond won't parse them.
Now is the problem the length or the use of periods??
example:
b16b8.b4bb16b8.a4ga4.g8aba2e4.ly won't parse but renamed to test.ly it
does parse.

I want each title to be significantly different and since some songs
start the same I want it to be as long as possible.

Is the a maximum size for a file name???

Or is it the periods??? and if so how can I use them??

Thanks

Aaron