Re: Orchestra MIDI: More

From: Will Oram
Subject: Re: Orchestra MIDI: More
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 12:08:40 -0500

> After some experimentation, I found that the flute MIDI voice is there,
> it's just insanely soft. Even at forte, it's near inaudible with my
> speakers turned up to max.
>
> Any way to turn up the general volume of this voice without using
> \fffffffffffff?

look in the manual under "Notation Manual|Sound" --- there is a (very) basic description of how to change the equalizer settings of the midi output. this is
probably how to fix your problem.

Wow, that *is* basic. It's nice to know instrumentEqualizer exists, but simply mentioning its existence is not enough to get it working in a lilypond file of mine. Searching both the archives and lilypond.org turn up nothing useful on 'instrumentEqualizer.'

Anyone here use this in their code?

Will Oram
address@hidden // address@hidden // AIM spamguy21