Re: Help in setting up music fragments in LaTeX

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Help in setting up music fragments in LaTeX
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:06:32 -0800

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 10:14:27 -0600
jeff williams <address@hidden> wrote:
> It may not be pretty, but it works.  Now, question, where should I send the
> final source for the flashcards so that other viola teachers / players may
> use said work?  Is there a repository for such goodies?

If you're happy licensing your work as public domain or MutopiaBSD, I recommend
http://www.mutopiaproject.org/index.html
It's specifically for Free LilyPond scores.

In discussing Free music with other musicians, it seems that Werner Icking's
archive is much more well known:
http://icking-music-archive.org/

Neither of them are specifically aimed at teaching material, nor strings,
but they're a good place to start.  You may also want to make a small
web page and submit links to some viola groups (either online or offline).

Finally, you could send a copy to me, since I also play viola.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham