Re: using "embedded" fonts outside Lilypond [REVISITED]

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: using "embedded" fonts outside Lilypond [REVISITED]
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 13:41:31 +0100

Kieren Richard MacMillan <address@hidden> writes:

> I am hoping -- planning (!) -- to use Lilypond as the basis
> application for a music publishing company I am currently
> founding.

Very interesting.  Let us know how it's going.

> However, since Illustrator (for example) seems to handle
> Lilypond-embedded fonts poorly

Now that you mention in, I remember having seen problems here before.
The way to go is not ps2ps, and I'n not sure about making

> the fonts used by Lilypond/TeX/Fink available to the rest of Mac OS X

It seems that some programs such as Illustrator have problems with
LilyPond's fonts.  I'm not sure who's fault it is, but maybe we
(lilypond) should make some changes to the font layout anyway.

The lilypond fonts have chacters on every position, ie, also on
traditional 'control character' positions (0..31).

Someone should try editing a feta font file using pfaedit to see what
must be done for Illustrator to accept it.

Jan.