Re: using "embedded" fonts outside Lilypond [REVISITED]

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: Re: using "embedded" fonts outside Lilypond [REVISITED]
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 17:55:51 -0500

Hello, Jan et al:

I am hoping -- planning (!) -- to use Lilypond as the basis
application for a music publishing company I am currently
founding.

Very interesting.  Let us know how it's going.

Oh, I will indeed! Once the first score is out the door, I plan to do a "colophon" section on the website which will very clearly feature Lilypond and how it's used to get the scores looking so good... =)

The way to go is not ps2ps

What is your suggestion then?

Someone should try editing a feta font file using pfaedit to see what
must be done for Illustrator to accept it.

I tried, but I don't know too much about pfaedit, so I can't seem to generate a font that *any* program can take advantage of... =\
I'll keep trying and get back to you.

Best regards,
Kieren.