Re: glossary.

From: Dave Pawson
Subject: Re: glossary.
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:26:03 +0000

At 13:47 15/12/2003, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
As has already been pointed out on the address@hidden
mailing list, the glossary.eps file distributed with
musixTeX is an old copy of the glossary included in the
LilyPond distribution and there have been several additions
and changes since then. It seems that you also have done a
number of additions to the glossary.

Yes, for another group.

I'm not one of the main authors of LilyPond, but I guess everybody
would be happy if you want to take a role as an active maintainer of
the document. In that case, you should definitely start your revision
from the latest version of the document, which is available in PS, PDF
and HTML at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.1/Documentation/user/out-www/music-glossary.html.
Jan has already pointed out where to find the source code.

The 'merge' is the problem there.
Its easy with XML.
Far less so with lilypond? A straight manual effort I guess.

Since this document is a nice illustration of the capabilities of the
LilyPond typesetter, both in terms of the layout of the actual music and
in the support for mixing music and text, I hope you want to keep it
within the LilyPond distribution, at least for the moment.

<grin/> By which I guess you mean to continue the lilypond markup?

I struggle with anything other than simple \tex, though I have
mixed braille, Hebrew Russian and Arabic when given a reason.

I do like the idea, but I'm less keen on the character references.
I don't understand how they are marked up.
  Assuming \tex is somewhere in the background, is David Carlisles
Omega in use?

I simply used an imagegrabber and created .jpg images.
+1 to lilypond :-)

Let me think on that Mats.

regards DaveP