Re: cello harmonics

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: cello harmonics
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:00:14 +0100

If you search the "Unified index" of the reference manual for
\flageolet, you will end up in the section on "Articulations".
At the bottom of that page you find a link to "Script", which
shows a full list of the properties that can be set on the
Script graphical object (grob, for short). Among others, you
can set font-relative-size if you want a smaller version of the
symbol:
\property Voice.Script \override #'font-relative-size = #-1

However, both the \open and \flageolet symbols are part of the
LilyPond font, so there's no easy way to make them thinner or
fatter or whatever. If you want to try with on ordinary o instead,
just use a text script:
a4^"o"
or use the more advanced text markup features:
a4 ^\markup{\bold o}
or embed some LaTeX code (which destroys LilyPond's ability
to determine the size of the markup, though):
a4^"\\textcircle"

   /Mats