Re: glossary.

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: glossary.
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:39:34 +0100

Since this document is a nice illustration of the capabilities of the
LilyPond typesetter, both in terms of the layout of the actual music and
in the support for mixing music and text, I hope you want to keep it
within the LilyPond distribution, at least for the moment.

<grin/> By which I guess you mean to continue the lilypond markup?

I struggle with anything other than simple \tex, though I have
mixed braille, Hebrew Russian and Arabic when given a reason.

I do like the idea, but I'm less keen on the character references.
I don't understand how they are marked up.
  Assuming \tex is somewhere in the background, is David Carlisles
Omega in use?

The document is written in TeXinfo (used to create the documentation
of most Linux programs in info format) with embedded LilyPond code
for the musical illustrations.

I simply used an imagegrabber and created .jpg images.
+1 to lilypond :-)

OK, then the first simple step to improve the quality is to use the
PNG images from http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.1/Documentation/user/out-www/music-glossary.html

(What does the GNU FDL say about using imagegrabber on a .eps file?)

   /Mats