Re: xdvi watch

From: Atte André Jensen
Subject: Re: xdvi watch
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:30:55 +0100

>> gv watch works like a charm here...
>
> Good. Isn't it giving a better rendering?  Did it fill your needs?

I think you misunderstood me. Although gv in some ways looks better (and zooms properly) xdvi is much nicer when editing thanks to point-and-click.

>> xdvi doesn't blink. If I press "reread" the file is indeed reread.
>
> I meant "blink", not blink.

???

> Well, apart from that, xdvi seems
> broken here. There are no noteheads, so something is definitely
> wrong.

It's defn. not broken here. Your problem sounds like a feta-font-forgot2upgrade problem to me. Never had one of those since I switched to debian, so someone else must help you out here...

I think is was Jan that said (on this list) something like "newbies are often scared by debian, but alot of the newbie problems related to lilypond would go away if people were running debian"..

But, please let's not start distro-mud-throwing, ok

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk