Re: Hi! New user here!

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Hi! New user here!
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 01:24:25 -0700

chip wrote:

Hi. I just started using Lilypad a day or two ago, on FreeBSD platform. Maybe I can finally make the move away from XP, I hope I hope I hope. :-)

Welcome!

Anyway, On my first song I want to add a tempo making at the beginning of the piece, a word like Brightly, Andante, Med. Swing, etc. So far I have only found the header poet that will put these in the correct spot. Is there a more proper way to do this?

With \markup.  See Notation Manual/Tuning Output/Text Markup in the manual.

music = \notes{ bf4^\markup{ Allegro } ... }

Paul Scott

p.s.: If you are subscribed to the list you will get two of these from "Reply All" or whatever. That seems to be the custom on this list for the sake of those who post but are not subscribed.