Re: can a group of notes be assigned to a constant?

From: chip
Subject: Re: can a group of notes be assigned to a constant?
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 12:08:49 -0800

Thanks for the quick responses. I did find the answer in the Organizing larger pieces section of the manual.
Thanks,
Chip

Hans Forbrich wrote:
chip wrote:

Can a group of notes, maybe the verse, be assigned to a constant? Then
the chorus could be assigned to another constant. That would save
re-typing all the same notes over several times. Just call the constant
at the appropriate time.
I thought I had seen this in the manual but now cannot find it. I'm
gonna keep looking in the meantime.
--
Chip

Do you mean something like (going from memory ...)

MyNotes = \notes { c4 d2 e8 }

ChoirNotes = \notes { \MyNotes \notes { a b c } \MyNotes }
HTH
/Hans

.