6/4 rests

From: Aaron
Subject: 6/4 rests
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 23:35:42 +0200

Hi all,
I just enter a trio which has a number of time changes. When I have rests in 5/4 or 6/4 measures, like measures with whole rest or combos that equal a whole measure lilypond reads them as one large measure and make the dvi also that way:

6/4

r1|
r1 |
r1 |
r1 |
r1 |
becomes 6/4 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 |
I can get it to work by filling the measures with half rests but it looks most strange.
Am I just writing a whole rest wrong?? or is this a bug.

I can't attach my file because of the size and I am debugging it for other errors still.
Thanks
Aaron