Re: Finalizing my score

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Finalizing my score
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 12:26:20 +0100

I prefer the 'padding' property in these situations. When you move extra-offset, the object is moved after all the layout has been determined. The padding property is taken into account much earlier in the layout calculations so LilyPond can use the information that the object was moved to avoid collisions with other objects (as you already have noticed, LilyPond isn't able to take all possible collisions into account, but if you change the padding you can be certain not to introduce
any collisions of the kind that LilyPond is able to handle).

\once \property Voice.TextScript  \override #'padding =#2.0

 /Mats

Atte André Jensen wrote:

Fernando Rauber wrote:

1) I'm using a tempo mark in the first measure, but it collides with the
first measure stems. Is there any way to move it up?

\property Voice.TextScript  \override #'extra-offset =#'(x . y)