Re: Moving fingerings

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Moving fingerings
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 22:50:19 +0100

Austin W wrote:

I got a little 32nd note run, and its got some fingering numbers and a slur. The slur is cutting through some of the numbers. How do I move these numbers? Up preferably, so they ride the arc.

The magic property to change is called 'padding'. Search the mailing list archives
for "fingering padding" to see some examples of how to do it.

The last 5 notes in this run are grouped in five 32nds to an 8th note, so when i make it fit in the last 8th note using \times 5/4 it puts a "4" under those last 5 notes. I don't want any number under it. Even If I did, I'd want a 5, so you can tell me how to do that too if you don't mind.

If you want 5 notes to have the duration of 4, you should multiply them by
4/5, not 5/4. This will give you the '5'. If you don't want the number at all,
read the section in the reference manual on tuplets and follow the link
"TupletBracket" to
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/TupletBracket.html
In the list of properties, you'll find one called| "number-visibility" which you can set
using
\property Score.TupletBracket \override #'number-visibility = ##f

An alternative is to turn off both brackets and numbers using the
translator property "||tupletInvisible|":

\property Score.||tupletInvisible| = ##t

    /Mats