Problem with lyrics

From: Carl Youngblood
Subject: Problem with lyrics
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 21:47:09 -0700

Hello,

In the following source I'm having a problem with lyrics lining up with the right notes. After "fear", which starts on an eighth note, I want to display an extender, but it isn't getting shown, which causes the rest of the lyrics to be off by one note. Here is the source. I'm using version 2.1.6 (because I heard that the lyrics alignment was improved).

\header
{
    title = "In the Midst of You"
    composer = "D\&C 6:20-33"
}
\score
{
    \notes
    {
        <<
            \addlyrics
            \new Staff
            {
                \tiny { \tempo 4 = 84 }
                \time 4/4
                \key a \major
                <<
                    \relative c'
                    {
                        cis4 cis d8 d b b
                        cis4 cis8 d e4 fis4
                        b1
                    } \\
                    {
                        a4 a a8 a gis gis
                        a4 a8 gis a4 a4
                        a2 gis2

            \new Lyrics
            \lyrics
            {
There -- fore, doubt not, lit -- tle flock, fear __ not; do
                good.
            }

            \new Staff
            {