Re: emacs editing, was constructive criticism

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: emacs editing, was constructive criticism
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:23:14 -0700

Aaron wrote:

While we are on the subject of constructive criticism.

Emacs and vim editing.
The information for both these modes is only found in the INSTALL file.
But I install using apt-get so if I didn't know about these modes I might never find out. There is a section of point and click in the docs. but I would like there to some docs on them.
additionally
A while back I made an attempt at a ftplugin for vim lilypond, I posted it to the group but no one sounded interested. The idea is to make short cuts for common operations. tuplets slurs etc with the ability to surround notes with that code.

I have the feeling that people may be customizing vim/emacs for their own use but we aren't sharing these tweaks. Is there a way that the editor issue could be displayed, promoted more?
The better the tools the less likely mistakes will creep into a score.

I would certainly like some documentation on how to use what is already there in the vim and emacs stuff.

I don't whether I first learned about emacs lilypond-mode just by opening a .ly file in emacs or whether I read it in the manual but point-and-click is covered under Invoking LilyPond <cid:part1.02040403.04010607@ultrasw.com>:/Point and click <cid:part2.02070306.07050103@ultrasw.com>:

Paul Scott