Re: Printing onto A3

From: Ralph Little
Subject: Re: Printing onto A3
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:05:28 -0000

Hi,
To answer my own question and for the benefit of others:

I found an interesting idea on somebody's website:
http://gem.win.co.nz/mb/misc/shellcmds.txt along with some other
interesting PS type jobs.

At the bottom, there is mention of some tools from the psutils package,
namely psbook and psnup.

I will look into this, when I get chance.

I quote:
=======
Generate postscript file in signature (2x A5 pages to A4):
cat _a.ps |psbook |psnup -pa4 -s1 -2 >pa.ps

Print odd pages:
psselect -o pa.ps >pa_o.ps

Print even pages:
psselect -e pa.ps >pa_e.ps

Print A5 booklet on A4 duplex on HP5Si:
cat book.ps |psbook |psnup -pa4 -s1 -2 |\
lpr -Plp2o -J 'PageSize:A4 Duplex:DuplexTumble'

Print A4 booklet on A3 duplex on HP5Si:
cat book.ps |psbook |psnup -pa3 -s1 -2 |\
lpr -Plp2o -J 'PageSize:A3 Duplex:DuplexTumble'
=======

Cheers,
Ralph

---------
Tribal Data Solutions has moved, please visit our website for more details
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk.
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are sent on the basis of
our copyright, e-mail and security policy which can be inspected by visiting
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/policies.asp.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this
message. Thank you.