hairpins to end-of-measure

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: hairpins to end-of-measure
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:33:25 -0500

[ Mac OS X 10.2.8;  Lilypond 2.0.1 ]

Hello, all --

I'm trying to engrave hairpins which end at the end of a measure (i.e., rather than the downbeat of the following measure), and was wondering two things:

1. Is there a shorter way of getting the hairpins to extend to the very end of the measure than to use a bunch of \skip durations? 2. If not, does the addition of all those \skip durations affect the spacing of the measure at all? (From an informal visual survey, I would say no, but I'd like confirmation/proof.)

Thanks!
Kieren.