example files (was "Re: SATB 2-staff template and request for suggestion

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: example files (was "Re: SATB 2-staff template and request for suggestions")
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:00:49 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> almost by definition will include tens (if not hundreds) of
> tips/tricks/techniques working together towards a well-defined,
> "useful" goal. Being shown how a bolt fits into a nut is one thing;
> seeing fourteen bolt-and-nut combos combined with three pieces of
> dovetail-joined wood and a leather strap to make a portable bookcase
> can often be more instructive to many people.
>
> Unfortunately, these "intermediate examples" are much more difficult to
> develop properly than simple "one-trick ponies" -- I know, having been
> involved in training and materials development for many years -- but
> that fact should not deter us from doing our best.

(stretching the analogy).  I think it is better to just have a simple
portable bookcase as a demonstration.

The problem is in the number of examples. We already have about 400
small examples, and I think they're already hard to navigate. If you
want to show all the combinations, the number of files goes through
the roof.