Re: Debian (Sid) packages for Lilypond 2.1.8

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Debian (Sid) packages for Lilypond 2.1.8
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:52:09 +0100

> >Now I'm guessing, but by manually running
> >/usr/bin/lilypond-bin --version
> >you might get a more detailed message about why it fails.
>
> What I did was -V for verbose.  --version is the same as -v which only
> prints the version number.

I was maybe a bit unclear, what I meant was that since the beginning of your
error message was:

address@hidden:~/music/pima$ lilypond -V dy1r1.ly
lilypond (GNU LilyPond) 2.1.9
Opening pipe `/usr/bin/lilypond-bin --version 'lilypond: error:
`/usr/bin/lilypond-bin --version ' failed (0)

then probably the command `/usr/bin/lilypond-bin --version ' did fail, so you
could get a clue from running that command manually (so you would see stdout
and stderr). Note that it's lilypond-bin, not lilypond.

Erik