2.1.7-3!!

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: 2.1.7-3!!
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:06:21 -0500

[ Mac OS X 10.2.8;  Lilypond 2.1.7-3 ]

Hello, all --

Thanks to the patient assistance of several listers (Stan, Matthias, etc.), I've got 2.1.7-3 (unstable) working on my machine: I LOVE IT!

To the development team:
1. Rounded stems look great.
2. Spacing after bar lines is much improved.
3. Accidental placement on chords looks much better (n.b., I still think the first accidental, esp. natural, is a hair too close to the note column, but that's a personal preference...)

Is it just me, or:
4. Has articulation (e.g., staccato) placement changed (i.e., farther from notehead)?
5. Has stem length changed (esp. on beamed notes)?

Best wishes,
Kieren.

p.s. All the other upgrades are probably very cool, but I haven't needed or run into them yet in what I'm currently engraving...