2.1.7-3!!

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: 2.1.7-3!!
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:17:38 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> 1. Rounded stems look great.
> 2. Spacing after bar lines is much improved.
> 3. Accidental placement on chords looks much better (n.b., I still
> think the first accidental, esp. natural, is a hair too close to the
> note column, but that's a personal preference...)

?

I can't remember I changed anything in that, except for the
combination with ledgers.

> Is it just me, or:
> 4. Has articulation (e.g., staccato) placement changed (i.e., farther
> from notehead)?

don't know. Can you send a test file which gives a different result.

> 5. Has stem length changed (esp. on beamed notes)?

Yes - the effect was supposed to very small, (about .25 staff_space,
on average), and we're not sure what the proper length should be. Do
you find them too long?

> p.s. All the other upgrades are probably very cool, but I haven't
> needed or run into them yet in what I'm currently engraving...

They're mostly about lyrics.