Re: Automatic reformatting \notes section utility?

From: Nick Busigin
Subject: Re: Automatic reformatting \notes section utility?
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:26:46 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:

> > Amazing how often one and the same question pops up several times
> > during the same week. Did you see the following mail (with followups)?
> > http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2004-01/msg00338.html
>
> Actually, if you read closely, I believe Nick is asking something
> slightly different from what was discussed in the post(s) you're
> referencing...
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, Nick, but you were asking if the SOURCE (.ly)
> file can be [re-]arranged by a specified number of measures (of "source
> code") per line, not that the OUTPUT (.ps/.pdf) file has line breaks
> appropriately -- basically, a "pretty-printer", but measure-aware (!!).

Yes, that's exactly what I was asking about.  I've got a number of lily
source files where the \notes{...} section is quite dense and has quite
a few lines.  I'd like to clean that up without having to do it
manually.

> I have been considering a solution and will build a prototype in
> AppleScript to test my algorithm; if it's clean, I'll try to port it to
> a *nix shell script.

We think alike.  I was thinking of writing a quick and dirty Perl script
to do this but wanted to check if someone had already done this as I
didn't want to "reinvent the wheel".

                                Nick

Nick Busigin                                             address@hidden
            Visit Our Indie Jazz CD Construction Project!