Re: 2.1.7-3!!

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: Re: 2.1.7-3!!
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:09:04 -0500

Hello, Han-Wen:

I think in both respects 2.1 looks better than 2.0.

I would agree -- that is, while neither is "optimal" (to my eye), 2.1 errs more pleasingly than 2.0... ;-)

If you like you can experiment a little for yourself,
the property that was changed is
  beamed-extreme-minimum-free-lengths
in Stem

Great tip -- thanks! (I assume I can set that as a \property and not recompile the app, right?)

I suppose the distance should be increased
if the acc is before a downstem. I added a TODO.

Super!
(By the way, if I wanted to experiment on this, what property/settings/code would I need to modify/create?)

Thanks,
Kieren.