scanning printed music to lilypond

From: Simon Bailey aka c10221
Subject: scanning printed music to lilypond
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:53:16 +0100 (CET)

hi all,

i think this topic popped up about a year or two ago, but i can't for the
life of me remember if anything came out of it. is there a program that
can scan printed music and convert it to lilypond? i know that there are
closed-source equivalents for the windows and mac world, but i'm not sure
if there is any similar software for linux available.

anybody got any ideas? if there is any similar software available, but no
lilypond output, then it might be interesting to adapt this to lilypond's
purposes. otherwise maybe start work on something new (that was a
semi-volunteer thing there, if it's not too much work for a bachelor's
thesis, then i might be able to push it past one of my profs...).

thanks,
sb