Appoggiatura + Double Bar Line

From: Will Oram
Subject: Appoggiatura + Double Bar Line
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:50:02 -0500

I tried all the tricks I know to keep an appoggiatura in the same bar as the note it slurs to; this one case seems to be different from all my experiences in the past.

bar "||"
\appoggiatura a,8( fsharp'8\p) r fsharp2 e16[( d fsharp a])         |

In other words, a double bar followed by an appoggiatura, followed by music. (Bonus points for identifying what music it is!) When outputted, a single barline is created, the appoggiatura follows, THEN the double barline appears, followed by the music. I've tried \bar "", << { \appogiatura music } \\ { s8 } >>, etc.; nothing works.

Suggestions?

Will Oram
address@hidden // address@hidden // AIM spamguy21