Help! Syntax has me completely stumped!

From: Andrew Longland-Meech
Subject: Help! Syntax has me completely stumped!
Date: 21 Jan 2004 14:40:04 +0000

Hello All!

I'm new to the list, so be gentle with me please!

Can anyone tell me why the attached .ly file won't work - it seems such
a simple piece of music. It produces the output shown in the attached
.png file instead of what I want - which is a system of four staves with
identical words underneath each staff. As you can see there is something
weird going on with the rhythm in bar 2 and the lyrics are just doing
their own thing!

Also why did I have to put in the \RemoveEmptyStaffContext command in
the \paper block to get get rid of a spurious extra staff that appeared
at the top of the page? I wouldn't have thought so simple a piece would
require this.

I'm confused because I have previously managed to get far more complex
pieces to work properly!

BTW I'm using v2.0.0 of Lily from PlanetCCRMA.

Thanx in advance,

Andrew