Re: Help! Syntax has me completely stumped!

From: Andrew Longland-Meech
Subject: Re: Help! Syntax has me completely stumped!
Date: 22 Jan 2004 11:10:44 +0000

Thanks, Mats (and Kieren) for your speedy response - I think I
understand now - last time I used a global statement it didn't contain
stuff that had to be in a Staff context; and yes, putting the lyrics in
the Staff context was a silly typo that I just couldn't see (Doh!).

I shall now set about re-writing my other source files so they are a bit
more logical!

By the way, I have another question about rehearsal marks. I know this
subject has come up a fair bit recently, but I couldn't find the answer
I was looking for.

In v1.6.10, Lily set rehearsal marks at the beginning of a line in a
nice big, bold face, after the key signature. However, in v2.0.0, it was
much more insignificant and slap bang on top of the bar number. Also
using

\mark "A"
\default
\default

gave me A, B, C in v 1.6.10 but A, 1, 2 in v2.0.0 so I had to declare
each mark specifically. I think this second thing has been corrected,
from reading previous posts, but is the first problem still happening?
If it's a bug, fair enough, but if a deliberate typesetting decision has
been taken, then IMVHO it's a step backwards.

Regards,

Andrew