Re: First release of LilyPond tool for jEdit

From: Jim Bartram
Subject: Re: First release of LilyPond tool for jEdit
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:56:57 -0800

Bertalan,

I'm very happy that there is now a better way to edit lilypond scores in JEdit. However, after setting everything up, when I open a .ly file, I get the following error message: 'error occurred while parsing lilymode.xml, line 2 expected character (found "-")(expected"<")'

Also JEdit is complaining about this in lilymode.xml: <?xml version="1.0" ?> [error message: 'the processing instruction target matching "(xX)(mM)(lL)" is not allowed.]

I'm using JEdit 4.1 final on Windows XP, Service Pack 1.

Thanks for any insight into getting this working!

-Jim

Bertalan Fodor wrote:
Dear LilyPond users,

I'm happy to announce the first release of my LilyPond plugin for jEdit
(http://www.jedit.org).
I think Windows users will be especially happy with this plugin, because you
can achieve many features that were available only in Emacs/Vim.
It should work on other platforms as well, because it's written in Java (as
jEdit).
It has a unique feature as well: Document Setup Wizard to set up staves
easier.
For download information and screenshots, see its homepage at
http://lily4jedit.sourceforge.net