Re: confused about transposing

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: confused about transposing
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 04:43:25 -0700

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

Paul Scott writes:

want to say:
\transpose c bf

What's wrong with \transpose bf c
That transposes up a whole step when to get from a B flat part to a C
part one needs to transpose down a whole step.

I don't get it.  What do you use now then, if both of these do not
work?  Are you looking for `` \transpose c bf, ''?
Actually yes.  I answered above without checking what I thought was true.

' \transpose bf c ' transposes down a minor seventh and ' transpose c bf, ' transposes down a whole step which is what is needed to get from tenor sax to trombone except I'm not whether that gets to the correct octave for trombone.

Paul