Re: Score spacing.

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Score spacing.
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:43:34 +0100

Did you notice the text on interscoreline and interscorelinefill at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Page-layout.html#Page%20layout
You might also want to fiddle with the textheight variable.

   /Mats

Ralph Little wrote:
Hi,
I am having a problem with a score which, for the most part, fits fine
onto A4 landscape.
However, on one page, all the parts are double forte at about the same
point, and this pushes the staves apart sufficiently to drop the bottom
1 1/2 staves off the bottom.
I've fitted the score onto the page by reducing the Staff
MinimumVerticalExtent, so I guess I'm pushing it.
As an alternative I can restore the defaults and print onto A3 landscape
instead (or A4 portrait and suffer having more pages and a bit of
waste). I have a few options.

As a general question of style though, I have a professionally produced
score which has the same number of staves and fits them all on
consistently and does not have this problem. Dynamic markings seem
abnormally small but look OK on a score.

Am I expecting too much from something that is largely automated (lord
knows, it does a damn good job!) or are there some tricks to fitting a
score onto a compact area?

Ralph

---------
Tribal Data Solutions has moved, please visit our website for more details http://www.tribaldata.co.uk. This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are sent on the basis of our copyright, e-mail and security policy which can be inspected by visiting http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/policies.asp.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this
message. Thank you.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems