Re: My own wishlist...

From: darius
Subject: Re: My own wishlist...
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:38:38 +0100

A cheap functionality, which would prove very useful in
practice, would be the ability to declare Lilypond stuff
in scheme, as in:

      (map myfunc {\notes { a b c d | a b c d}})

which would be equivalent to:

      tempvar0981 = \notes { a b c d | a b c d}

      (map myfunc tempvar0981)

Since we already have the ability to declare
Scheme stuff within LilyPond, allowing for the
reverse might be enough for most applications....

Is this just nonsense, or is this reasonable to implement
(I don't know whether one can plug language extensions in
GUILE...) ?

Cheers,

Darius/.