Re: Hebrew Lyrics

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: Re: Hebrew Lyrics
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 17:17:43 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> As Aaron already as said, part of the problem with Hebrew is that
> it's written right to left instead of left to right, that's why he
> has to use elatex instead of latex.
>
> When it comes to unicode, I'm afraid it would require lots of work
> to make LilyPond support unicode.

I have a very simple question. At http://www.geocities.com/aamehl/
I see (pehaps wrong at my isolatin browser):

      \relative d' {}
          }
          \context Lyrics \apply #(text-augment "\\R{" "}") \lyrics {

      äîáãéì áéï ÷åãù áéï
What is it ^^^^^^^^^^^^  ? It is not UTF-8. In my opinion it is Unicode.(?)
Or at least these are ASCII numbers with 7th bit == 1.

And still a simple question to Aaron: Do you see Hebrew letters on
NoteEdit board? Actually it should work, because I make no assumptions
about the character set.

        And if so: If you export to LilyPond and you add the
        directives from http://www.geocities.com/aamehl, does
        this result in Hebrew LilyPond output?

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (address@hidden)