fonts, etc., in 2.1.17-1

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: fonts, etc., in 2.1.17-1
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:04:47 -0500

Hello, development team --

I've been looking closely at the output from this most recent version, and in general I'm extremely impressed! The handling of font and staff scaling is wonderful, and little grob "roughies" that crept up in previous versions seem to have been smoothed out very nicely. In particular, the way standalone eighth notes look (q.v., the flag attachment to the stem) is quite beautiful.

I'm not 100% sure I agree with how far "to the round" you took the black noteheads, but I'm waiting until I live with them for a while before arriving at my final judgment.

Anyway, just wanted to pass on my "kudos".

Thanks,
Kieren.