Re: Hebrew Lyrics

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: Hebrew Lyrics
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 19:23:19 +0200

As a follow up to what Richard said.

My system is setup to type hebrew that includes Tex and LaTex terminal vim etc.

This in something that is easiest to acheive for RPM based systems because some kind souls have created rpms for all the needed files and configuration stuff.

I am still new to debian but I hope as I learn to make the config stuff work on Debian as well.

So that said, once my system reads and write hebrew, Latex and TeX.

I add hebrew lyrics and lilypond will know they are in hebrew and turn the hebrew backwards on the sylabbles correctly which is what happens with the scheme hack that a kind soul on the list wrote for me.

I currently just tell lilypond to use elatex which speaks hebrew and not to use Latin1 or whatever.

I could put up examples on my test site but I am getting the feeling that I should wait a bit because I gather the way hebrew was acheived could be improved on.

This is no way to be implied that I am pushing anyone to mess with lilypond just for Hebrew, I think the start of this thread was multilanguage support for lilypond. Any method that does away with the special hack for every new language would be of benifit to all.

In the meantime the hack I am using continues to work.

Let this go on the feature request list with the hundreds of other requests.

BTW this is what make Lilypond so great, its flexibility and power.

Aaron