Re: Markup Text

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: Markup Text
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:20:34 +0200

Please when you find a place where the documentation is 'unhelpful' add to the wiki so that it will be more helpfule in the future. The only other recourse is to learn the info tex or whatever its called which I may never have time to learn.

I personally am starting to do this, but thankfully less and less as the documentation gets better and better.

Lets use that Wiki gang!
Aaron
Lyle Raymond wrote:

Here's a snippet of code from a turnaround in one of my jazz lead sheets:

r8_\markup "Last Time: repeat final 4 bars" a b c cis a' aes g~

The problem here is that my text is running into stems and beams and whatnot. I need to move it so it's farther beneath the staff. The manual, as I've often noticed, is a bit unhelpful in this case.