Re: Markup Text

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Markup Text
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 01:49:26 -0700

Lyle Raymond wrote:

Here's a snippet of code from a turnaround in one of my jazz lead sheets:

r8_\markup "Last Time: repeat final 4 bars" a b c cis a' aes g~

The problem here is that my text is running into stems and beams and whatnot. I need to move it so it's farther beneath the staff. The manual, as I've often noticed, is a bit unhelpful in this case.
You didn't say what version you were using.

Putting the following before the markup will work in most versions *except* 2.1.15 through 2.1.20:

\property Voice.TextScript \override #'padding = #2.5

Of course change 2.5 to what you need.  This affects both above and below.

Paul Scott