Re: Music Formatting Help

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Music Formatting Help
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:09:31 -0500

    Kevin> 4) I would need a chart at the very beginning of the music
    Kevin> to indicate all the bells used.  This would be a single
    Kevin> line, bass and treble clef staves, whole notes with no bar
    Kevin> lines, and a forced line break at the end.

I've been wondering whether the ambitus_engraver could give something
a little like this for lever harp players, indicating all the
accidentals used in the piece.  I was thinking of a "chord" rather than
a line.  That is, if a piece is in a key signature with one flat, and
there are f sharps and e flats, something like the ambitus would
appear with an f sharp and an e flat.  Lever harp players would also
want the normal ambitus as well, so they know whether they need to do
more arranging to avoid running of the end of their harp.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139