New frontend for LilyPond

From: Blake Garretson
Subject: New frontend for LilyPond
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:31:36 -0500

I have been using LilyPond for a few months now, and I love it.  The
only problem is that I am really slow at transcribing lead sheets
because I do not read complicated sheet music very fast. To help me
out I wrote a GUI that I called LilyComp.  (I know it is not very
original, but I think of it as my LILYpond COMPoser, so that is what
I call it.)

I am in no way connected with LilyPond, so do not blame them for the
quality of this program. LilyComp was written to speed up the creation
of lead sheets. It just enters notes and rests with the indicated
duration. Do not expect to enter anything too fancy, although a couple
of other common items like ties, slurs, and measure bars are supported
as well. LilyComp is not like Rosegarden or NoteEdit. Think of
LilyComp as the number pad on your keyboard; it is just for quick data
entry.

I find it useful, so I thought I would release it under the GPL in case
someone else could benefit too. I put it up at SourceForge:
http://lilycomp.sourceforge.net

It is written in pure Python, so you need Python installed.

I welcome any feedback or comments as well.

--
Blake Garretson --- http://blakeg.freeshell.org