Re: Making Large-Print Music

From: Ruven Gottlieb
Subject: Re: Making Large-Print Music
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:55:14 -0500

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

address@hidden writes:
If you upgrade to a recent development version of LilyPond,
you may actually say
#(set-global-staff-size 42)
to obtain exactly what you ask for.

Probably not, because the staff-lines aren't scaled up as much,
causing mismatches between the font and the staff. I recommend your
original approach.
OK, can I do something to scale up the fonts and other symbols to get larger sized music that looks good? You guys got the fonts up to 26pt. How did you do it?

I eventually want non-technical people to be able to use Lilypond to generate large-print music and Braille from the text input. Using dvips to scale the music is clumsy at best.

Thanks,

Ruven G.