Re: Making Large-Print Music

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Making Large-Print Music
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:28:33 +0100

For the record, this is an example of the output of the
latest development version using
#(set-global-staff-size 42)

As Han-Wen has pointed out, the line thickness hasn't been scaled
properly but it's very simple to use and maybe you consider it
good enough anyway.

   /Mats

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
address@hidden writes:

OK, can I do something to scale up the fonts and other symbols to get larger sized music that looks good? You guys got the fonts up to 26pt. How did you do it?

I eventually want non-technical people to be able to use Lilypond to generate large-print music and Braille from the text input. Using dvips to scale the music is clumsy at best.

I fear that the output of a font designed at 42 pt will look much
worse.  FWIW, you could also scale the PS document using pstops.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology