Re: extended trill flat or sharp macro

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: extended trill flat or sharp macro
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:18:49 -0700

Nicolas Sceaux wrote:

[oups, sorry for the private answer, Paul]
this answer applies for recent development releases only.
Thanks.  Because of my mail filters I had not looked in that mailbox.

You can use the `markup' scheme macro to build markups:
Excellent. I must have missed the point of that when I looked over the release notes.

trflatstart = \notes{
    \trstyle
    \override TextSpanner #'edge-text =
    #(cons (markup #:musicglyph "scripts-trill"
                   #:raise 0.8 #:flat)
           "")
}

It makes the translation from LilyPond syntax to scheme syntax quite
straight-forward. Its documentation is here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.1/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Markup-construction-in-scheme.html
Thanks so much. I have been looking in that area of the manual but maybe not carefully enough. Do you remember what version added that to the manual?

Thanks,

Paul