Re: Strange English in the manual

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: Strange English in the manual
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:10:26 +0200

Where is this from in the manual?

Aaron

Reuben Thomas wrote:
"If a staff is ended halfway a piece,"

Am I just being stupid, or is this a bit weird?

For a bunch of non-native English speakers, the developers
do a fantastic job of writing documentation.

Indeed.

The only exception is a persistent inability to write "staves"
instead of "staffs", but I think that is some kind of joke.

It's American usage.

Your posts are helpful I'm sure, but supply a better rendering
if you can.  I'm sure you didn't intend sarcasm, did you?  daveA

In this case I couldn't work out what it meant.