grace questions: sharing stems with other notes; tuning MIDI output

From: Matthias Kilian
Subject: grace questions: sharing stems with other notes; tuning MIDI output
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 21:29:19 +0100

Hi!

I've the following two questions about grace notes:

1.
Given an ordinary note/chord followed by a beamed sequence of 32th
grace notes, is it possible to attach the beam to the ordinary note's
stem? Or, in other words, if I have something like this:

    c4 \grace {c32 d fis g a ...}

can I tell LilyPond to merge the c4 with the c32 of the grace sequence?

2.
Is it possible to tune or just to turn off MIDI output of grace notes? For
single grace notes, the MIDI output is fine; however, for long sequences
as mentioned above (in fact, it's kind of a cadenca), the result is, of
course, far to fast.

Regards,
        Kili

ps: since I use MIDI output for acoustic "validation" of what I typed,
the second point isn't really important.