Re: Making Large-Print Music

From: Ruven Gottlieb
Subject: Re: Making Large-Print Music
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:18:34 -0500

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

address@hidden writes:
If you upgrade to a recent development version of LilyPond,
you may actually say
#(set-global-staff-size 42)
to obtain exactly what you ask for.
I've upgraded to Lilypond 2.1.25. I tried "#(set-global-staff-size 42)" and it's very good. Thanks.

Probably not, because the staff-lines aren't scaled up as much,
causing mismatches between the font and the staff. I recommend your
original approach.
I tried to add something to adjust the line thickness, as shown in Notation Manual/Global Layout/Vertical Spacing:

**********
...The piano staves are handled a little differently: to make cross-staff beaming work correctly, it is necessary that the distance between staves is fixed beforehand...
...If you want to override this, use a |\translator| block as follows:

      \translator {
        \PianoStaffContext
        VerticalAlignment \override #'forced-distance = #9
        }

But I don't know where to put the /translator block. I can't find anything that illustrates how to use it, and no matter where I put it in an input file, I get error messages.

Unfortunately, much of the documentation assumes a very high level of understanding of programming in general, and of the Lilypond internals in particular.

You are making good progress with many "cookbook" illustrations, and I could use one for this bit. :-)

Thanks for your help.

Ruven