simultaneous trouble

From: David Bobroff
Subject: simultaneous trouble
Date: 23 Feb 2004 22:38:11 +0000

In this snippet below I have a mystery.  If I run the code as it is
there is no problem.  If I un-comment the commented out lines I get
strange results.  What I want is to have full sized whole measure rests
beneath the cue notes.  When I try to do this I end up with all of the
tremolo quarter notes all on the same stem and the beam on the 5-tuplet
disappears.  Am I trying to do this wrong?

v2.1.25.hwn1

Thanks,

David

cue = \set fontSize = #-4
part = \set fontSize = #0

\score{
    \notes \relative c'''
    { \repeat unfold 4 {
            \cue
            c4:8 bes: a: g: \times 4/5{fis16-( g a bes c} d8-)-[ d-]
%           \part
%           r1