Re: non-relative relative mode?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: non-relative relative mode?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:29:17 +0100

I assume that you mean \transpose and nothing else.
Of course, this is one good approach to avoid having to
type all the ' and ,. However, I still recommend you to
give the \relative another try. I think most people on this
list agree that it's very convenient once you get used to it.
The basic idea is very simple, as long as the melody only
includes intervals that are not larger than a fourth, you don't
need any ' or ,. For all larger intervals, you add 's or ,s to
get to the correct octave.

   /Mats

GoochRules! wrote:
Greetings,

Is it proper to use \transcribe c c'' { ... } to convert the upper staff for piano to an octave where not so many 's need to be specified? I attempted to use \relative c'', but found that mode to be much too unpredictable for my tastes. Is there another/better way to do this?

--Matthew Peltzer

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems