Refactoring - was non-relative relative mode

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Refactoring - was non-relative relative mode
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:41:53 +0100

> ²) Hey, any Eclipse/Java hackers around? What about a LilyPond plugin
> for Eclipse, with refactoring support?

Well, I am working on the plugin for jEdit. I thought that an Eclipse plugin
would also be funny to work with, but I wanted to have an editor that starts
faster than Eclipse.
However, now I think that jEdit could be much more powerful than I thought:
it has a built-in BeanShell (i.e. Java macro) interpreter. Using that many
transformations on the lilypond files could be achievable, I mean for
example it would be possible to write a macro that performs transposition,
change the variable names and so on.
Actually I think that my LilyPond plugin could provide an "API" for the
lilypond-related macros (that means that some logic should be implemented in
the plugin: for example parsing the source file to find the variable names,
to have the language-dependent note names etc.)

Well, if anyone gave me ideas what macros to write, I would happily write
them.

Greetings,

Bert