Re: non-relative relative mode?

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: non-relative relative mode?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:57:19 -0500

On Thursday 26 February 2004 02:22, GoochRules! wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is it proper to use \transcribe c c'' { ... } to convert the upper
> staff for piano to an octave where not so many 's need to be
> specified? I attempted to use \relative c'', but found that mode to
> be much too unpredictable for my tastes.  Is there another/better way
> to do this?
>

> --Matthew Peltzer

I don't claim this way is better but it is definitely another.  It may
need some adjustments because it's kind of old, but it is for the
purpose:

http://www.openguitar.com/files/octly.txt

--
It's not that hard to understand the lesson of Viet Nam.  Never never
never never defend one tyrant against another, because The worst thing