[OT] re: Your message to Lilypond-devel awaits moderator approval

From: Nick Busigin
Subject: [OT] re: Your message to Lilypond-devel awaits moderator approval
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:45:32 -0500 (EST)

Apologies to those that are offended by this off-topic post.  However,
I consider it somewhat on-topic as it relates to the Lilypond mailing
lists.

Lately, I have been getting more spam that has been sent to the lilypond
mailing lists and an occasional email like the one shown below.  The one
shown below looks like I apparently sent something in to the
Lilypond-devel list.  I hadn't.  When I tried to cancel the message as
shown in the message below, I was notified that it had already been
handled by the administrator.  Are any of you seeing an increase in spam
as of late, some of it coming from gnu.org mailing lists?

I've just been redirecting this stuff off to a spam folder using a
procmail recipe and periodically checking and deleting it, but lately
I've been thinking of installing a more sophisticated filter.  Just
wondering what the rest of you have found to work well.

                                     Nick

Nick Busigin                                             address@hidden
            Visit Our Indie Jazz CD Construction Project!